Website copy and content
Be found by people who are looking for your services
When you think of websites, design immediately comes to mind. Icons, layout and images are key components of your brand image, to be selected with care. But to be found online, you need the right words. Words that inspire users to want to know more, that grab attention (both from humans and search engines) and trigger clicks.
Because your website copy is the beginning of your conversation with (potential) clients.
Crafting effective website pages is a question of alchemy. You need to harmonise technique, form and substance. Anticipate the needs and questions your prospects might have. Keep SEO on the radar whilst focusing on communication and emotion.
It’s a subtle play of details.
You are in the right place.
Is this service just what you need?
- Yes, if you want to showcase your brand and products online.
- Yes, if you need to strike a balance between SEO and conversations.
- Yes, if your business is changing and you need to attract a new audience.
- Yes, if you want to narrate a compelling business story in Italian or English.
- Yes, if you want to be found online more often by people who need your products (but don’t know it yet).
How I work
Maybe you’re nervous about having someone else write your website copy. Because nobody knows your business and products like you do. Delegating can be scary, I’ve been there. That’s why my workflow consists of clear steps and cooperation: you’ll always know what’s going on, and why.
You are the authority on your brand. I’m a communications alchemist that knows what to add to your ideas and values to catch the eye. Together, we define a tone of voice that suits your brand and target; we clarify your objectives and priorities.
To write website copy you feel is your own, I need to know your business well. Who you are, what you do, the needs and dreams of your clients. At the start I will be asking many questions, my work begins by listening to you.
- Once you get in touch, we arrange a quick Skype call. During the call, you talk me through your website objectives. We pinpoint your needs. Based on that, I draw up a quote for you.
- Is there chemistry between us? Let’s get things rolling. You fill in an in-depth questionnaire. We focus on your target audience, tone of voice and style. We expand your website structure, keywords, calls-to-action and content.
- Your answers help me draft your website copy. This usually takes 2 to 3 working weeks. Your website content has to reach your client’s hearts, and know how to become friends with search engines. This requires time and skills.
- I send you the draft version for review. Once I receive your feedback, I polish it all: I finalise the headlines, optimise the copy, check commas and spacing (and other things too). All English copy is also reviewed by a native-speaker who is also a professional linguist. A wrap-up check, and then…
- Your final files are delivered on or before the agreed date.
What I can write for you
Your website copy, of course.
- Landing pages for products, courses or services.
- Product descriptions for your e-commerce website.
- Promotional micro-copy for freebies, services or products.
- Guides, blog posts and resources for your content marketing.
- Opt-in pages for your newsletter.
- The frequently asked questions your clients crave for.
What about the price?
It depends on your needs. How many web pages would you need? Should your website be translated into Italian too? How competitive are your keywords? Would you also need a payoff for your products or an opt-in page for your newsletter?
Ballpark figure: the pricing for the contents of a business website (in Italian or English) starts at € 900.
Let’s discuss your project, after which I can provide a precise quote.
Frequently asked questions
What’s the typical turnaround for this?
It all depends on your requests. For a typical brochure website (5 to 6 pages), roughly 2 working weeks after completion of your in-depth questionnaire. For a single web page, a few working days (depending on my workload).
I want you to write my web copy. Can you help me create my website too?
As a communications alchemist, I master the written word. For website design, I couldn’t do any better than the average person with a free web editor.
Do you need expert help from a web designer? I can refer a trusted professional.
I’d like to write my website copy myself. Can you help me create an effective sales page template?
Of course. My Elixir service package is just what you need.
Can you help me with the required SEO research?
SEO is an essential element of website copywriting. It ensures you are found online by the people who need your products. Your web copy will be optimised for readers and search engines alike.
Finding the right keywords for your business, however, is the job of a SEO specialist. Do you need help finding the right person? I can refer a trusted professional.
You’re Italian, right? Why do you offer writing services in English too?
I obtained a copywriting diploma in English, from an institute in the UK. I received the highest possible grades, which is only possible with native-level language skills.
I also developed a deep understanding of the British market and culture. And to make sure that your English materials are flawless and fit your brand, a little extra for you: a final check by a trusted native professional, at no additional cost.
Request your quote
Fill in the form and I’ll get back to you soon.